Highlights over the last
On February 7th, 1990 in New Orleans, Louisiana, Roger Kavanagh founded Intermarine based on the simple principle that cargo and customer solutions came first – that once we understood our need we would find the appropriate vessel to deliver on our promise. Through the tireless efforts of each Intermariner we have stayed true to that simple idea and built an organization with more than 230 employees located worldwide with revenues of nearly half a billion dollars.
- America - AsiaIntermarine begins service of America – Asia project trade.
- VenezuelaIntermarine opens its first international office in Venezuela to support the project business and Venezuelan customer base.
- Fleet of the FutureIntermarine launches the “Fleet of the Future” with the introduction of the Jungerhans ”C” type vessel suited to the specific needs of project trade with 400 metric ton lifting capacity.
- U.S. Ocean LLCU.S. Flag Division known as U.S. Ocean is formed offering customized solutions for U.S. impelled breakbulk and project cargoes.
- Industrial TerminalsIntermarine purchases Industrial Terminals in Houston – with three docks and 90 acres on the Houston Ship Channel it is the industry’s premier project cargo terminal.
- Global FootprintIntermarine merges with Scan-Trans further cementing its global footprint and global reach to meet the needs of a growing customer base.
- Operations CenterIntermarine breaks ground on a new state-of-the-art Operations Center at Industrial Terminals. The five-story building becomes home to Intermarine’s Operations and Technical teams; and a landmark on the Ship Channel.
- Expanding FleetIntermarine announces further plans for its Fleet of the Future to include new state-of-the-art, fuel-efficient, eco-friendly vessels to the company’s heavylift, project and breakbulk cargo fleet.
- New OfficesIntermarine opens offices in Istanbul and Quito; and begins to deliver Ecolift 900’s.
- Ecolift 500sIntermarine begins to deliver Ecolift 500’s.
- Foreign Trade ZoneIntermarine’s Industrial Terminals is activated as a Foreign Trade Zone.
As a forward-thinking marine logistics and ocean transport provider, we progress by merging our vast global infrastructure and industry expertise to meet the comprehensive needs of breakbulk, heavylift, dry bulk, and project cargo customers. Whatever the challenge, our network of professionals is focused on increasing efficiency and offering unmatched flexibility to ensure our clients benefit from customized solutions that meet their specific requirements.
Intermarine Commercial Services:
Full Coverage, Complete Service
Trust a team dedicated to global transport for more than 25 years